Srezia

In a post - apocalyptic world, people struggle to survive. Here is their story.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Into the Forest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Desaryah

avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Into the Forest   Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:54 pm

The Acolyte would lead Armando, Lilith, and the dust men into the forest. He would lead them towards a main trail where the trees were far enough apart for everyone to walk in single or double file. By the time they entered, it was nearly completely dark - occasionally, a pair of eyes would be illuminated somewhere in the blackness of the forest, watching them on every side. The entire woods would feel eerie and disturbing, as if the charred and gnarled trees themselves might reach out and grab someone with one of their crooked branches at any moment. The thick, thorny brush rustled with movement that indicated something following alongside them down the trail.

As they walked, the Acolyte moved across the trail as if he knew every step of the way by heart. He moved swiftly, without glancing over his shoulder to even check if the others were following. A few whispers carried through the chilled wind - they sounded almost like they were spoken in some foreign tongue.

Eventually, once they were all past the tree-line and walking down the trail, the Acolyte's voice broke through the ambience of the forest.

"Stay close. This would not be a pleasant place for any of you to get lost."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sa'Kage

avatar

Posts : 348
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 22
Location : new britain CT

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:56 pm

All of the dustmen stayed on or near the tankers so they couldn't get lost and Armando who was walking behind the Acolyte would say " I can see that..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chroma

avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:06 am

Lilith would speak sternly.
"I have no intention of 'getting lost' even though our paths may part. I come for my own reasons, I have no fear of traveling in the darkness."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desaryah

avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:09 am

"I would like to ask that you stay with the group, at least until we are in a more suitable part of the forest for you to stay for the night. It is good that you have no fear, but please do not stray too far for the time being."

The forest was nearly pitch black, and it would be difficult for the others to see more than a few inches in front of them. As they followed the trail further, it began to twist and wind through the forest. They would have to stay close to the Acolyte to have any hope of finding which way to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sa'Kage

avatar

Posts : 348
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 22
Location : new britain CT

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:17 am

((my internet burped ill be back sometime in the futureXD))
The dustmen would follow as close as possible obviously slightly frightened at their surrondings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chroma

avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:58 am

Lilith followed for some time, constantly scanning the area around them. She paused for a moment and stared out into the darkness. She seemed distant from the group as they all pasted her and followed the Acolyte. Many of the dustmen walked into her and hit her as they pasted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sa'Kage

avatar

Posts : 348
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 22
Location : new britain CT

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:59 am

Armando would break off and walk up to Lilith "Something wrong? You seemed...interested in something."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desaryah

avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:01 am

"Move along. Let's not waste any time, please." The Acolyte wouldn't stop or slow down as he continued through the forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chroma

avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:07 am

Lilith turned to Armando with a 'why do you care' look on her face.
"It's nothing, I thought I saw something."


Last edited by Chroma on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sa'Kage

avatar

Posts : 348
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 22
Location : new britain CT

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:07 am

Armando sighed "Alright then." He would be able to read her expression and would smile "Im just a caring kinda guy." He would walk with her back tot he group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desaryah

avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:24 am

As Lilith and Armando lag behind the group a bit, something suddenly shoots out at them from within the bushes with a sickening, demonic hissing sound.

The figure of a slender woman wielding two blades stands in the blacknessness only a few feet away from them on the path and steps towards them slowly. Her voice was dark, twisted, and nearly inhuman. They could hardly see her in the shadows, but it was clear that she was not welcoming the newcomers.

"Acolyte! What is this? Outsiders?! Speak for yourself now!"

The Acolyte stopped in his tracks and spun around quickly.

"Stand down, Zaiyah. They mean no harm. They have come here with me."

The figure stares them down, as if she was demanding a response or an explanation from them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sa'Kage

avatar

Posts : 348
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 22
Location : new britain CT

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:28 am

Armando would put his hand on his sword and say "I was told it would be ok if we came with him..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chroma

avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:46 am

Lilith had seen her come from the brush and drew her weapon instantly. The women's stare was caught by hers as she stood with her hand floating above her other pistol. She spoke harshly,
"I wouldn't threaten people that you don't know. Trust me, it's a bad idea."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desaryah

avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:54 am

"Outsiders in my forest?! Explain yourself!"

The figure stepped forward more. Her skin was an unnatural, dark hue and her hair was cut into wild and chaotic spikes. She looked viciously at the others with a sort of bestial rage. Her swords looked wicked as she gripped them tightly; their blades were twisted into deadly curves and points. The Acolyte quickly made his way between Zaiya and the outsiders, trying to calm her down.

"Zaiya, they are permitted here. They need a place to stay for the night, and they have proven themselves worthy of a chance - "

"Acolyte, you disgust me! They do not belong here! I should rend them all through as they stand for setting foot in our forest!"

"That is enough. This is no way to treat...guests."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sa'Kage

avatar

Posts : 348
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 22
Location : new britain CT

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:55 am

Armando would grab the hilt of his sword and would have his other hand on the dual barelled pistol at his other side and said "It seems my presence has offended you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chroma

avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:59 am

Lilith stepped forward with due haste and spoke loudly,
"If you wish to 'rend' someone for entering 'your forest' then I shall be the one to take the punishment. Let the others stay and go the the morning and I will pay for their doing so. Know however, if you harm but a hair on their heads I will not hesitate to kill you where you stand."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sa'Kage

avatar

Posts : 348
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 22
Location : new britain CT

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:01 am

Armando would walk forward "Ehh i can not allow some one to put themselves in danger for my men. I can, more than handle myself." His visor would glow slightly with a red glint in the darkness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chroma

avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:03 am

Lilith looked at Armando in disgust.
"Nonetheless, I have my reasons and what I do does not concern you in the least. Whether it be 'for your men' or not."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desaryah

avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:06 am

"You have no idea, outsider! You insult me! You all smell like the plague, and here you are, stomping through our forest like you belong here...and threatening me! You sicken me with your presence!"

Zaiya suddenly turned her anger towards the Acolyte, nearly shouting in his face.

"FOOLISH ACOLYTE! You disgrace the Order!"

"Enough, Zaiya..."

"I should kill you where you stand!"

A deeper voice creeped out from behind Zaiya, hidden completely in the darkness, as if the trees themselves were speaking...

"You shall speak of no such thing."

Zaiya's gaze fell, almost like a child being scorned for misbehaving. A tall, cloaked man approached from behind her and gently placed a hand on her shoulder, effortlessly guiding her a few steps back away from the others. As Zaiya stepped back and lowered her weapons, he spoke.

"My most gracious apologies for this...oversight."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sa'Kage

avatar

Posts : 348
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 22
Location : new britain CT

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:07 am

Armando would remove his hands from his weapons and nod his head "Oh its not a problem, i can see where she is coming from."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chroma

avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 am

Lilith seemed more irritated at Armando interrupting her plans than with the figure standing in front of her.
"If I might add, I did not threaten you, threats are empty, I made you a promise. Apology accepted however I have a question for you. You seem of higher authority than our 'friend' Acolyte. Would there be a chamber that seems to be producing power in the direction of which you came?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desaryah

avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:37 am

He was dressed in the same style of black robes as the Acolytes, but he was much taller and held himself with a very calm, demanding, and confident presence. Underneath his cloak, he wore finely crafted, black, glinting plate armor lined with spikes along its intricate designs.

"You come here looking for shelter for the night and...a chamber. I see. I believe I can help you and answer your question."

As the man stepped forward, Zaiya and the Acolyte would both step back and wait quietly while he spoke. The Acolyte quietly bowed his head in respect, as if the man was of much higher status than he was.

"We do have a power source, but it is far from here. If you tell me more about what type of chamber it is that you speak of, I may be able to tell you more."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chroma

avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:57 am

Lilith seemed interested once again in the direction from which he came.
" It's quite large, approximately ten feet in length. The majority of it is made of unpolished metal. About two feet on the top is a clear material however it is not glass. It glows a blue and white color and in the tubing petruding from it is a blue liquid that synthesizes the power source, creating a nearly endless amount of power. Would it be in that direction?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desaryah

avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2011-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:02 am

The man contemplated what she said for a few moments, then nodded slowly.

"What you are describing sounds familiar. Why are you looking for a chamber like this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chroma

avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Nowhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:04 am

Lilith seemed reluctant to say what was inside the chambers however did respond with a few words.
"They contain things of great value. I believe there is one in this area, somewhere in that direction."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Into the Forest   

Back to top Go down
 
Into the Forest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Free Forest Map (v2) FINAL
» New Forest – Watersnake V2
» Forest terrain
» Friendship Forest Photo Safari.
» Temperate Forest Reskin Pack

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Srezia :: In Character :: Obsidian Forest-
Jump to: