Srezia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Srezia

In a post - apocalyptic world, people struggle to survive. Here is their story.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Sacrifice

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Sa'Kage

Sa'Kage

The Sacrifice - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:46 am

Armando looked at her and though he had not known her more than a night he could tell when she was uneasy. He just smirked and kept quiet.
Back to top Go down
Desaryah

Desaryah

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:46 am

Aralynn's smile faded for a moment into a concerned look - almost bordering on cold cynicism. "I'm sorry that I cannot accomodate you any better than this. I assure you, we will be finished here soon so you can go and see the 'power source' you asked about. Unless, of course, you've suddenly lost interest in what we have gone to great trouble to arrange for your convenience...in that case, you are welcome to leave at any time."
Back to top Go down
Chroma

Chroma

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:55 am

Lilith glared at the women.

"I have not lost interest and only grow tired of being surrounded by regulars and cloaked shadows. If you wish me to leave then by all mean, make me, if not then don't act like I would be so shallow as to give up on the only goal that I've lived for since I became this weapon." She looks at Armando then whispered "except for one, who's fate is like mine."
Back to top Go down
Desaryah

Desaryah

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 am

"My dear, there is no cause for such defensive words. I am trying to help you. I see that you grow eager to continue, though. Perhaps you would like to...skip breakfast?" Aralynn seemed polite in her suggestion, as if it was no trouble at all for her to abandon the feast that was set out on the dining table if Lilith would like to continue sooner.
Back to top Go down
Chroma

Chroma

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:52 am

Lilith quieted down a bit, she seemed very disturbed by something but it wasn't Aralynn.

"Let the others have have their fill before we depart."
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Armando would smile at her and then nod to himself when she said that, maybe he had at least gotten a friend out of this god damned fiasco. He would stand from the table "I appreciate this, but my dustmen may eat without me, i am quite eager to go and see this as well."
Back to top Go down
Desaryah

Desaryah

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:35 pm

Aralynn nodded.

"Very well. The two of you, please come with me, then." She left the rest of the dustmen with the Acolytes, and Aralynn led Armando and Lilith out of the cabin. Two Acolytes followed her, staying directly at her side.
Back to top Go down
Chroma

Chroma

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:48 am

Lilith followed Aralynn out of the cabin and walked quietly for some time. She glanced at Armando then spoke reluctantly.

"You're sure they will be alright in the hands of these 'people'? You didn't have to leave them there so suddenly."
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:51 am

He would smile "My dustmen can more than handle themselves. They are all ex military, and i wanted to leave. I ...dont want to do much to owe these people. Anyway it sounds interesting and i know you can more than handle yourself but if anything happened i want to be able to help."
Back to top Go down
Chroma

Chroma

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:01 am

She seemed a less distant than she had before.

"I wouldn't need your help should something happen. I was merely caught off guard last night by Darrien's abrupt attack, but if you're so worried about me then I cannot convince you to go back, now can I?"
Back to top Go down
Desaryah

Desaryah

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:19 am

Aralynn smiled to herself as she led the group - but this smile was different than the sweet, polite smile that they had seen before. Her face was hidden from them now as she walked ahead of them, and this smile carried sinister and conniving undertones. Her flowing gown draped gracefully across the dirt trails of the woods, sweeping dead leaves and crackled, broken bits of thorny branches to the side as she walked down the path like perfectly poised royalty walking down a red carpet. She took each step so effortlessly and without thought that her grace seemed entirely natural and without a haughty or condescending presence.
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:28 am

He would smile "Oh i know you wouldn't need my help, but i like to lend it anyway. I worry about anyway i can call a friend."

He would look at aralynn and whisper to lilith pulling her back farther a bit from their leader "Her i do not trust, at all."
Back to top Go down
Chroma

Chroma

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Lilith seemed uncomfortable being called his 'friend', she would not let any man into her heart easily.

"I distrust Aralynn as well, she is different from the rest of them. Her soul does not coincide with what we've seen of her."

Last edited by Chroma on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Desaryah

Desaryah

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:09 pm

The long walk would drag on and on as the forest seemed to repeat itself - paths and trails that looked familiar would disorient the outsiders as they followed Aralynn and her Acolytes. The sounds of the forest seemed distorted and twisted. They would have to walk at a brisk pace to keep up and keep from losing Aralynn in the darkness ahead of them.

"Just a bit longer now."
Back to top Go down
Chroma

Chroma

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Lilith would notice the paths familiarity and keep a watchful eye on Aralynn. She knew there were Acolytes watching them from all sides, as if waiting for a time to strike, but nonetheless she followed. She knew that their power source would have to be a Stasis Chamber, no other single object could produce enough power to sustain a group as large as this.

"Aralynn, how long has your people been using this "energy source"? Any normal power supply would have run out by now, correct?"
Back to top Go down
Desaryah

Desaryah

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Aralynn kept walking. "It has been used as a power source for quite some time now. Yes, I suppose it isn't any 'normal' supply of energy. You seem to have a theory of what it is, perhaps you should share it with the rest of us."
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Armando walked close behind also noticing all the acolytes, his visor was down and was already calculating odds of survival, best tactics, and beginning to run the cycles to enable his super human abilities. "I would LOVE to know." he sounded a little frustrated, his calculations fro the two of them were not very good if it came down to a fight and lilith would guess this.
Back to top Go down
Desaryah

Desaryah

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:40 pm

The group passed by a gurgling, choking stream that twisted by the path and disappeared back into the forest. The "water" was black and thick like oil, and it bubbled over jagged rocks that jutted up from the creek-bed. The rotten, half-dismembered carcass of some kind of animal was wedged in between the rocks, and it almost seemed to twitch slightly as Aralynn walked past. The path slipped back in between the trees, deeper and deeper into the heart of the forest.

"Please, Lilith, go on. Tell us more about what you think of this energy source..."
Back to top Go down
Chroma

Chroma

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Lilith was unphased by the black muck that was the water here, it seem all too familiar of the pollution in the old world. Humans were disgusting wretches that did not care whether the polluted the entire world and sentenced many to death by disease and poisoning, unclean and uncaring individual had brought about need for test subjects to create immunities and stronger humans, this is what created Chroma.

"Your power source could be what I have been searching for since I awoke from stasis, the chamber of a person I wish to kill. This is the purpose of my existence, he must die before my hands so that all Chroma may feel he has received retribution for his actions. Do not worry, opening it will not harm its power generator should this be what I am searching for."
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Armando listened and nodded, he knew all too well the want to end someone for making them a weapon. He noticed the black muck like water and felt the same way, he found himself thinking he was other than human and he was proud to be apart from the selfish maniacal parasites that call themselves mankind, stirred awake into a frenzy at the first sign of blood or chaos. He wouldn't say anything just yet. He just made sure he was ready for what might be coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice   The Sacrifice - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sacrifice
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Srezia :: In Character :: Obsidian Forest-
Jump to: